Today I interviewed recruiting industry legend, Bob Marshall on How to add a new industry specialty to your office and Neil Lebovits on how to use the internet to market your recruiting business and have those who hire reach out to you with their openings.
You can listen to the entire 35 minute call here,no registration, no strings attached. It’s that good! You can also download the audio in MP3 if you like.
Here are a few tips Neil shared on Internet Marketing:
The traditional web site we all have developed is largely ineffective because most visitors don’t buy or call you when and if they find your site. To convert these visitors you want to “capture” their email addresses on your website by giving them a free special report, a free video or audio training.
Once you capture their email address you can then market to them via email to stay in touch with them and establish yourself as an industry expert in your niche. An example of what a page like this would look like is my site . This is a strategy to get you in front of people in your niche continuously. For more details,listen to the call.
Here are a few of the tips Bob Marshall shared on establishing a new industry specialty:
Bob told us that 80% of our business comes from 20% or fewer of your clients and that you need to evolve to “power broker” status to become a big biller in that niche. Here’s a few of the steps you need to take to start down the road of becoming a power broker in your recruiting niche:
- Learn EXACTLY how many companies are in your new niche.
- Start with many companies and later narrow the funnel after qualifying who is a match.
- Bob’s research shows that a big biller will have about 4% of their defined niche as clients.
- Cycle through your recruiting niche at least once per quarter, meaning you should have a LIVE conversation with each hiring manager in your space at least once per quarter.
- Don’t focus on the 96% that don’t need and want you, get thru them quickly to find the ripe fruit of the 4% that DO need you.
These are just a fraction of the tips these speakers and 10 others who will be speaking live, the week of March 8th, 2010 will share with you at the Recruiting Firm Owner’s Strategy Summit. As a reader of my blog you can register for 10% off thru Sunday the 7th by entering the word GROW into the coupon code.
The recession is ending it’s time to grow your recruiting firm again. Join us at the summit and learn the secrets of some of the industry’s greatest thought leaders like Bill Radin, Pat Scopelliti, Mark Berger, Gary Stauble, Doug Beabout and others. They will teach you how to become wildly profitable as the rebound in the economy continues.